Teen Summer Scratch Ticket Challenge Starts in July
You could win a giant gummy (gummy bear, gummy pizza, gummy sushi!), bluetooth speakers, or adorable reversible plushies (to name just a few potential prizes) for checking titles out of the library. Make the most out of summer reading by participating in our Summer Reading Scratch Ticket Challenge.
Starts July 2 and runs through August 31.
How does it work?
If you’re in 7th to 12th grade, every day when you check out any title from a Brookline library, you’ll get an instant-win scratch ticket. There is no need to sign up: if you win a prize, you win instantly! If you don’t win, fill out your information on the back of the ticket and you will be automatically entered in our grand prize drawing.
What kinds of prizes can I win?
You may win small prizes such as candy and J.P. Licks coupons, or larger prizes including $20 gift cards to Amazon, GameStop, or X-Box Live. If you win a gift card, you’ll be able to choose which kind of card you want. Our grand prize for our raffle will be a $50 gift card.
The prize board will be updated as items are won — check back to see what is won over the summer, and what you still may have a chance to win!
Check out the prizes below you might win just for checking out different items from our collection!
J. P. Licks Gift Certificates
Gift Cards Your choice!
Where do I get a ticket?
You can pick up a ticket from the Teen Room desk or the Children’s Room Circulation Desk at Brookline Village or the Circulation Desk at Putterham.
Can I get 20 tickets if I check out 20 items?
To keep it fair for everyone, you can only get one scratch ticket per day for checking out.
Are there any other ways to get tickets?
There are two ways to get an extra ticket:
- If you write a recommendation of a favorite song or story about music (including comics, audio, books, TV shows, and movies) on one of our recommendation vinyl records (pictured below) you can get one extra scratch ticket per day.
- If you attend one of our teen summer programs, you can get one extra scratch ticket on the day of the program.
What if I’m not able to get to a Brookline library because I’m away?
You can still get tickets! To get a scratch ticket even if you’re not in the area, use this form and submit a short written review for a title you’ve read, watched, or played this summer. Must be at least fifty words long to qualify for a ticket. Once we’ve received your review, we’ll pull the next scratch ticket from the pile and let you know if you’re a winner.
We’ll keep any prizes won safe and sound until each winner can come in and pick them up from your designated home library.
How old do I have to be?
To participate in our teen challenge, you must be entering seventh (7) through twelfth (12) grades.
Are there any limits to the challenge?
In order to give everyone a fair chance, the following rules apply:
- You must check items out to get a ticket, so be sure to keep your receipt or check out in the Children’s Room to pick up your chance to win.
- You can only get one scratch ticket per day. If you want more chances, visit the library as often as you can!
- Any item counts toward a ticket.
- Turn in your losing scratch ticket to be entered in our grand prize raffle – one chance per ticket. Anyone who has won a small prize (candy or J. P. Licks) will also get one chance per ticket in the grand prize raffle. If you win a medium prize, we will not use that specific ticket in the drawing for the grand prize, but you can come back the next day for another chance.
- If you win one of our medium prizes (gift cards, etc.), you will not be eligible to win a second prize at the same level to maximize everyone’s chances. You will be eligible for our grand prize raffle.
- You must live or go to school in Brookline and be going into 7th through 12th grade to participate in our Teen Summer Reading Scratch Ticket Challenge.