Virtual Cirque Fit Series
Build and maintain strength and mobility at home with Cirque Fit, a class from Esh Circus Arts. Classes will include a thorough warm-up, followed by exercises to build full-body strength, stability, and flexibility – all with a fun circus-inspired flair! Each exercise will be presented with a range of options so you can engage with the material in the way that’s right for your body. This class is aimed at adult and older teen students who are able to safely engage in moderate physical activity. No circus experience or special skills required! Come move, stretch, and strengthen in a fun, supportive setting.
- Set yourself up in a space where you can lied down on the floor. Ideally you should have a space big enough to lay in a big X. If you’re on a hard floor, a yoga mat or other padding will be helpful!
- Have something nearby to help you balance when we do some stretching. Could be a wall, the edge of your couch, or anything stable enough to help with balance.
- A yoga block, small cushion, or rolled up towel.
- Two light weights, can of food, or full water bottles.
- A strap, belt, scarf, or other length of durable non-stretchy material.
- A sturdy chair, stool, stepladder, or arm of a couch.
About the instructor: A graduate of the Professional Track Training Program at NECCA, Caroline taught there for many years while performing for Nimble Arts, Aerial Experience, and the Big Aerial Show. Her teaching experience also includes the SF Circus Center and Kinetic Arts Center. As a Hanna Somatic Educator, Caroline uses her knowledge of the neuromuscular system to help her students safely develop their body awareness.
This series is most generously sponsored by the Friends of the Brookline Library.
Add to iCal
This event finished on 27 January 2021
Other Online361 Washington Street, Brookline, MA 02445, United States
Join us from the comfort of your home.
Need aids or accommodations? Email our administration team or give us a call at 617-730-2360 for more information.