Virtual English Club – Cook Along
Join us online for a special English Club event as we virtually follow a recipe together! This afternoon, we will be baking:
Superhero Muffins from the book Run Fast. East Slow: Nourishing Recipes for Athletes by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky.
- 2 cups almond meal
- You can use all-purpose flour but for best results use almond meal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cupped chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins, chocolate chips, or chopped dates (optional)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Muffin tins
- Paper muffin cups (optional)
- 2 large mixing bowls
The librarians leading English Club will provide recipe instructions during the Zoom meeting.
This virtual English Club is open to adult learners of all levels. The meeting won’t start until 12 PM. Children are welcome to join their parents during English Club but please do not leave them unsupervised. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: to keep the flow of conversation going, we will not admit people to the group after 12:15 PM.
If you will be calling into the meeting over the phone, you can also register by calling the Library at 617-730-2370.Add to Google Calendar
Add to iCal
Zoom361 Washington Street, Brookline, MA 02445, United States
Live closed captioning available on request.
Need aids or accommodations? Email our administration team or give us a call at 617-730-2360 for more information.