Join us for a town-wide celebration of the cuisine and culture of Brookline.
Pi Day Taste Test Winners
Our very special guest judge, Chair of the Select Board Neil Wishinsky, voted for the following:
- Best Crust: Apple Pie with the Cheddar Crust (Christiana)
- Best Presentation: Peach Pie (Gina)
- Best Filling: Blueberry Pie (Cailey)
- Most Unusual: Buttermilk Pie (Robin)
- Best Flavor: Pumpkin Pie (Catherine)
- Give me the recipe!: Blueberry Pie (Cailey)
The popular vote chose the following as the best in each:
- Best Crust: Reference Department
- Best Filling: Children’s
- Best Flavor: Coolidge Corner
- Best Presentation: Reference
- Most Unusual: Children’s
- Requests for the recipes: A tie between Coolidge and Children’s People also mentioned many pies by name!
If we went by votes by individual pies, the S’mores pie got the most mentions, so kudos (and bragging rights) go to Coolidge Corner!
We are currently gathering all of the recipes and will post a list of all recipes used as soon as possible. Thanks to all who came in on a still snowy day, tasted, voted, and enjoyed the celebration!
Help us create a Community Cookbook
Share your favorite traditional family recipe with us! We will collect all submissions and create our own community cookbook.
Pick up a recipe form at any of our locations, at any Brookline Eats! event, or submit a recipe online at brooklinelibrary.org.Send in your recipe
Join us for delicious special events
Our special series of workshops, lectures, and demonstrations will run from February through May. Registration is free but requested at our full listing of events at Eventbrite.
New programs may be added, so keep checking back for more tasty events.