Meet the Teen Librarian
That’s me, Robin Brenner, your local Teen librarian, in costume as that most terrifying of creatures, a Night Vale Public librarian.
You can always find me:
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- via the phone at the Brookline Village Library at 617-730-2370 — just ask for Robin!
I am usually in the Teen Room every weekday after 2 PM. If you head to the Teen Room and can’t find me, please check in with the librarians in the Children’s Room or in the Commons and they will track me down.
If you would like to set up a class visit or a tour of the library, please fill out our class visit request form here.
A few facts about me
- I have been working with teens as a librarian for over twelve years (and I love it).
- I read anything and everything, but I grew up a science fiction and fantasy fan, and I’ve never lost my love for asking “what if?” Today I have a love of engaging nonfiction, clever pacing, and beautiful language, but I still dive into the occasional fluffy book just as much as the next reader.
- I am a lover of all kinds of storytelling: television, film, comics, prose, audio — it all works for me!
- As you can tell from the photo above, I take pretty much any excuse to dress up at the library.
- I am known around the library for my many pairs of shoes.
- I work with my colleagues nationally for the Young Adult Library Services Association (aka YALSA) on creating book lists, selecting awards, and advocating for teens and teen literature.
- I have been a judge on a variety of committees including The Boston Globe Horn Book Awards, the Great Graphic Novels for Teens Selection Committee, the Michael L. Printz Award, the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, and the Outstanding Books for the College Bound Selection Committee, just to name a few.
- I am a national expert on comics and graphic novels (and I wrote a book on Japanese comics, or manga, Understanding Manga and Anime) I run the graphic novel review website No Flying No Tights, so check it out if you’re curious to learn more.