Contactless Pickup FAQs
Materials Circulation Questions:
- I ordered a craft kit, how can I pick that up? We need to know what craft kit you reserved and how many so we can get them for you. Please tell the staff member you speak to at the Library if you have reserved a craft kit and want to pick it up.
- Can I get a museum pass? Some museum passes may be available depending on state / local restrictions. See our Museum Passes page for more information.
- Are magazines/newspapers available for pickup? We are not able to reserve specific magazines or newspapers. We will update the public if that becomes possible.
- What is available from the Library of Things? Many items from our Library of Things are available for checkout. Please see our Catalog of Things for more information.
- What is a Picture Book Surprise / Easy Reader Surprise? These book bundles include 10 picture books or board books (Picture Book Surprise), or 10 easy reader books appropriate for new readers (Easy Reader Surprise). Bundles are not packaged with different themes or topics in mind, but rather are a small selection of quality or popular children’s books great for any reader! They do not require advance reservation and can be requested at the door. To ensure access for everyone, we ask that you limit your request to one bundle of each level per day.
- I only want some of my books at this pick up. Can you only give me X books? No, but if you don’t want to take some of the items home, just put them back in the book drop. We are not currently charging late fees. We are also being very liberal in our renewal policy. These are unprecedented times, and we want to be helpful.
- What do I do with books I pick up that I don’t want to take home with me? Just pop them in the book drop!
- Some of my items that are listed as ready for pickup are not in what I was given, where are they? Things are still a little backed up in the library, and it can be confusing to find things. It is possible we simply couldn’t find your item. We will do our best to locate it and include it in a future pickup.
Contactless Pickup Logistics
- Where do I go to pick up my materials?
- At Brookline Village, go to either of the front doors (Town Hall side or School Street side).
- At Coolidge Corner and Putterham, go to the main entrance.
- I’m at the Library but the doors are closed and there’s no one around. How can I pick up my materials? If you’re here during our hours, open the doors and talk to us through the plexiglass barrier!
- I have holds at X library ready for pickup can they be sent to Y library for pick up instead? No, we do not have the ability to do that. You may cancel your holds, and place them again for pickup at your preferred location.
- My ready for pickup notice says I have until X date, but I can’t pick them up until after the hold date, what can I do? Until late April, 2021, all holds will remain on the shelf for at least one month; at the end of every month we clear the previous month’s holds. So, at the end of October, we’ll clear any holds from September; in late November, we’ll clear any holds from October; etc.
- My holds have been made available over several days this week. Do I need to pick materials up each time I receive a hold notification? No, all holds that are available for you will be checked out to you. There is no need to make multiple trips.
- I’m homebound / quarantined / have limited mobility. How can I get library materials? Mutual Aid Brookline can help with contactless deliveries of Library materials from Putterham on Mondays, Coolidge Corner on Tuesdays, and Brookline Village on Wednesdays. Read their library delivery FAQs here to learn more!
- My account says I have X items checked out but I returned X to the book return yesterday and they are still on my account. Under certain conditions, COVID-19 can survive on paper and plastic for some time. For safety reasons, we are quarantining all returns for at least 24 hours. When we check them in they will be backdated, and no fines will accrue.
- I returned an item to the book return slot and discovered that I still have part of it at home, what do I do? Please return whatever part you forgot in the book drop. Please put it inside something to protect it, a padded mailer, a CD jewel case, a box….
- Is the book sale currently open? The book sale is closed for the season. Please check back later this spring!
- Are you accepting donations? Yes, we have begun accepting donated materials again. More information about donations can be found here.
- How do I pay for book sale items? Please place money in an envelope (available near sale items) and put the envelopes through the book drops. Please do not lick the envelopes!
- Do you accept credit cards, VENMO, PayPal, or other forms of payment? Cash or checks are accepted. If you do not have cash or check on you, you can drop it off at your convenience. We trust you!
- Can you make change? We cannot.
- Is the library open? We apologize for any misunderstanding, but the library buildings are not open to the public yet.
- Is printing available at the library? Yes! Learn more about our current printing services here.
- May we use the library’s restroom? At this time, we are not allowing the public in the building.
Access to public restrooms in the area remains extremely limited; we recommend patrons try local restaurants and retail outlets. Some public buildings, like the Police Station, are also closed. Town Hall may have public restrooms available.
- When will the libraries be open to the public? We are not sure, we are following the guidance of the Town Health Commissioner.
- Are people required to wear masks/social distance when picking up materials? Yes. If you are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, Mutual Aid Brookline can help with contactless deliveries of Library materials from Putterham on Mondays, Coolidge Corner on Tuesdays, and Brookline Village on Wednesdays. Read their library delivery FAQs here to learn more!
- I’m partially / fully vaccinated, do I still need to wear a mask? Yes, Town ordinances still require you to wear a mask or face shield regardless of your vaccination status.