English Learners (ESL)
Welcome! We offer:
- English Conversation Groups 会話のグループ | 대화 그룹 | Разговорная речь | 交谈小组 | Grupos de la Conversación
- Foreign language books and newspapers (we have large collections of Chinese, Russian, and Hebrew materials)
- Free museum passes and more!
Please see the Town of Brookline Job Opportunities website for information about employment opportunities at the Library and other Town Departments.
The Public Library of Brookline is a great place for kids, teens and parents! Check out our events pages to see activities for children of all ages at each of our three locations. Here are some of the things we have to offer:
- Storytimes and puppet shows
- Suggested reading lists (including school summer reading)
- Test prep resources
- Teen book clubs
- Quiet spaces to read, study or work with tutors
People with Disabilities
We loan iPads pre-loaded with assistive technology apps developed for individuals with Autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, visual impairment, hard of hearing or deaf individuals, as well as apps for literacy development.
The iPads must be picked up and dropped off at the Putterham Library. Three iPad Pros and one iPad Mini are available to borrow for four weeks (with possible renewal) to anyone with a Minuteman Library Network card. Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to check out an iPad. Patrons do not need to have or document a disability to borrow an iPad.
The Public Library of Brookline offers a variety of programs and services for our adult patrons including:
- Large print materials
- Movie Matinee at the Coolidge Corner Library
- Midday Movies at the Putterham Library
- Council on Aging Book Group at the Putterham Library
Need help with research? Book recommendations? Test prep? Want a fun place to study or hang out? Interested in cosplay, joining a teen club or talking about manga? Check out our Teen page or stop by. To keep up with ongoing events, follow us on social media.
Would you like to schedule a class visit to the library or get some research help with your latest project? Perhaps you’d like someone to brainstorm suggested reading lists with – we’re here to help. Contact our Children’s or Teen librarians would love to hear from you.