About the Teen Room
The Teen Room at the Brookline Village Library and the Teen Zone at the Coolidge Corner Library are spacea entirely devoted to teens: the collections, the diner booth, the comfy chairs – it’s all for our local teens!
Our Teen Librarian is in the Teen Room every week day after 2pm in the afternoon. If you don’t see her, please ask at the Information Desk for help.Meet the Teen Librarian
Rules of the room
Teens going into 7th-12th grades are welcome in the Teen Room.
During the times school is not in session, we keep the room exclusively for teens. Adults and younger people are allowed to come in and look for a book, but the hang out space is teens only.
You may hang out in the teen room and enjoy all it has to offer if you:
- Respect library property and the property of others
- Respect others using the library
- Keep your hands to yourself
- Use appropriate language
- Pick up after yourself
- Use your indoor voice
- Silence ringers and speak quietly when on your phone.
- Please no speakerphones, and use headphones for audio.
- Snacks are ok, but please no food that is messy, greasy, or strong smelling.
- Eat only in the cafe area – only closed drinks are ok in the Teen Room
We have a brand new exhibit case near our Teen comics and graphic novel collection. Teens in 7th to 12th grade, keep an eye on this space for information about showcasing your artwork or collection. Our application process will be up soon.
Volunteer in the Teen Room
Graduate Student Volunteers
The Brookline Public Library is always seeking volunteer help staffing our Teen Space during the regular school semesters (September to December, January to May.)Learn More
Currently we do not have any positions open for teen (ages 13-18) volunteers, nor will we during summer 2016.