How Do I Get a Library Card?
Library Card Registration during COVID-19
- Complete the digital application to generate a temporary Library card number.
- Order one or more items to any Brookline Library location using your temporary Library card number via our catalog or by phone at 617-730-2370 ext. 3.
- When you are notified that your item(s) are on the hold shelf for you, bring your temporary Library card number to the appropriate Brookline Library location any time during our pick-up hours. A staff member will retrieve your item(s) for you and provide a permanent card.
If your name doesn’t match the one on your legal documents, a staff member can manually add it to your account – just let us know!
Do I need a card?
If you already have a Minuteman Library Network library card, perhaps issued by another Minuteman library, you can use it here. Only a few of our services, such as the loaning of museum passes, are restricted to Brookline residents.
If you have a card from a non-Minuteman Massachusetts library, you will still need a Minuteman library card to use our library.
Who can get a card?
- Massachusetts residents
- Town of Brookline employees
- Brookline public or private school students
- Owners of property in Brookline
- Out of state residents
Residents of decertified municipalities
The Board of Library Trustees reserves the right to deny library services to residents from any municipality whose public library has been decertified by the MBLC (Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners).