About the Tween Room
The Tween Space at the Brookline Village Library is a space entirely devoted to tweens: the collections, the comfy chairs – it’s all for our local tweens!
Our Tween Librarian is in the Tween Space every week day after 2pm in the afternoon. If you don’t see her, please ask at the Children’s Room or Teen Desk for help.
Rules of the room
Tweens going into grades 5-7 are welcome in the Tween Space.
Between 2:30 PM and 6 PM, we keep the room exclusively for tweens. Adults and younger people are allowed to come in and look for a book, but the hang out space is tweens only.
You may hang out in the tween space and enjoy all it has to offer if you:
Respect yourself and others.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Use appropriate language.
- Use your indoor voice.
- Keep phone and computer volume to a minimum.
- Be respectful to library staff.
Respect the Space
- Pick up after yourself.
- Eat warm food and meals in the cafe area.
- Return the furniture to its place.
- Use furniture for its proper purpose: no sitting on tables, standing on chairs, etc.
- Put all transportation and sports equipment in our parking area (near the elevator.)
- No running
If you do not follow these rules you may be asked to leave the library.