How Do I Request a Title?
Searching for items
- Check the Minuteman Library Network catalog first. This catalog contains the holdings of more than 40 Massachusetts libraries, including a few academic libraries. You can request most items directly from the online catalog and have them delivered to the location of your choice.
- Next check the Commonwealth Catalog, which replaced the Massachusetts Virtual Catalog as of Spring 2015. Again, you can use your library card to request these items yourself.
- If you cannot find the item in the Minuteman catalog, submit an interlibrary loan request and we will attempt to find the item for you.
- If you are looking specifically for an article, please submit an interlibrary loan article request.
- If we are unable to obtain the item you are looking for, submit a purchase request. Our Collection Development Policy guides our purchase decisions, but in general, we attempt to purchase requested items if they are not terribly specialized or expensive.
If you would like a staff member’s assistance with any of the above options, please call 617-730-2369 during library hours.
In addition, the links on the right may help you use our foreign language, local history, and special collections, or help you to become familiar with what we have. Please give them a try.