Show your support for Coolidge Corner! May 5th Party
Run for the Renovation! Derby Day is coming to town… A spring party for Brookline!
The Brookline Library Foundation will be hosting a fun event May 5th, at the Coolidge Corner Library – just before closing for a brief renovation. Please pledge your support for this year’s Foundation event on Saturday, May 5, 2018 from 6 to 9 PM. We’ll sip mint juleps, listen to Bluegrass music and watch the 144th running of The Kentucky Derby – all while raising money to support the renovation and fund technology at each of our libraries.
So, get your Derby hats and join us to watch the most exciting two minutes in sports. Help us set the pace early by taking two minutes to make your donation now. This year, we’ve received a generous matching grant so that every dollar of your contribution will be doubled up to $50,000! Advance supporters will be listed on the invitation and in event materials. Thanks and we’ll see you on race day!
*All tickets will be held at the door the night of the event.
When we heard that the Coolidge Library would temporarily close for repairs this summer, The Library Foundation voted to contribute additional capital to make significant upgrades for the future. This enhanced renovation will:
- Enlarge and soundproof the Children’s Room.
- Expand patron seating by relocating staff offices from the front of the library to the unused mezzanine.
- Triple the computers available for use throughout the library.
- Restore the atrium, repair the skylight and remove the front offices to let natural light stream into the library.
- Beautify the landscaping to make it even more inviting.
Let’s Run for the Renovation! And we’re off!