New England Desserts Virtual Cook-Along
Let’s bake together! Tammy Donroe Inman, award-winning author of New England Desserts: Classic and Creative Recipes for All Seasons, will discuss the pleasures of seasonal baking and demonstrate how to make one of her favorite fall recipes, Cranberry Crumb Bars. Join us on Zoom – if you want, you can bake along with Tammy!
Tammy Donroe Inman is a trained chef, cooking instructor, and award-winning author of New England Desserts:Classic and Creative Recipes for All Seasons. She sharpened her knives testing recipes for Cook’s Illustrated magazine and the TV show America’s Test Kitchen. A former editor for Boston magazine, she’s also written for Fine Cooking, Yankee, and The Boston Globe. She lives outside Boston with her family, two high-maintenance cats, and a pair of well-worn roller skates. She’s currently at work on her third cookbook.
If you’d like to bake along during the program, here is a list of ingredients and supplies:
For the crust and topping:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 1 apple, peeled
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thawed then drained)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 8″ x 8″ pan
- food processor or stand mixer (optional)
- bowl for mixing
- measuring cups and spoons
This program is in partnership with Brookline Booksmith.
Virtual - Zoom361 Washington Street, Brookline, MA 02445, United States
Live closed captioning available on request.
Need aids or accommodations? Email our administration team or give us a call at 617-730-2360 for more information.