How Contactless Pickup Works
Holds can only be picked up at the branch they were ordered from. The steps are:
- Place a hold on library material. You can do this via the online catalog or MLN app, or call / chat with a librarian.
- Wait until you’ve been notified that your hold is ready to pick up.
- Schedule an appointment to pick up your hold(s).
- You won’t be able to sign in to schedule an appointment until your holds are available.
- There is currently no time limit on picking up your holds. We won’t clear them even if it takes you longer than a week to pick them up.
- Please contact us if you need to reschedule a missed appointment.
What to Expect in Your Bag
When you pick up your holds during your appointment slot, you should expect:
- Your holds will be in a bag (or bags) with your name or alias on it.
- If you have a lot of holds, check to see if you have multiple bags.
- All of your holds that were available when the bag was packed will be included for pickup.
- Bags are packed the workday before your appointment will occur.
- Items are checked out to your account when they are packed for pickup.
Still have questions?
Wondering about craft kits, what to do with materials you no longer want, or other common questions? Take a look at our Contactless Pickup Frequently Asked Questions.