How Contactless Pickup Works
Holds can only be picked up at the branch they were ordered from. The steps are:
- Place a hold on library material. You can do this via the online catalog or MLN app, or call / chat with a librarian.
- Wait until you’ve been notified that your hold is ready to pick up.
- Visit us during our limited hours to pick up your materials; no appointment is necessary.
What to Expect
When you pick up your holds, you should expect:
- You can come anytime during our limited hours! No appointment necessary.
- You must wear a mask / face covering over your nose and mouth.
- Tell the Library staff member your name or library card number.
- Staff will go inside to grab your materials off our holds shelf and check them out for you.
- Please stand back from the table while we set your materials down.
- When the staff member has backed up, you can grab your items and leave.
If you’re homebound or unable to wear a mask, contact Mutual Aid Brookline to pick up your library materials for you.
Still have questions?
Wondering about craft kits, what to do with materials you no longer want, or other common questions? Take a look at our Contactless Pickup Frequently Asked Questions.