- Main Library: Hunneman Hall -- capacity 96. This room is suitable for lectures, video or computer presentations, and chamber concerts (one piano, Steinway baby grand, is available). Kitchen facilities available. Wireless Internet is available. Please click here to learn about booking an AV Training session if you plan to use the equipment in this room.
- Main Library: Conference Room — capacity 15. Wireless Internet is available, but no projection facilities are provided. No kitchen facilities.
- Coolidge Corner Meeting Room — capacity 100. Has rudimentary video and projection facilities and a piano. No kitchen facilities.
- Putterham Meeting Room — capacity 90. Has rudimentary video and projection facilities.
- Main Library: Individual Study Rooms — capacity 1-2. Please call the Reference Desk (617) 730-2369 to request one of three small rooms for up to two hours.
You may submit an online request to book these rooms by following the directions below. Be sure to check Library and Branch Hours before proceeding further; our branches are only open two evenings per week.
You should only consider holding a meeting in one of our meeting rooms:
- if the meeting will be open to members of the public, and you do not wish to charge admission. A key provision of the Library's full meeting room policy is that members of the public not affiliated with your group must be allowed to attend meetings that are held in the Library's meeting rooms at no charge.
- if the meeting is not strictly social in nature, such as a birthday party, wedding or bridal shower.
- if you plan to use any of the presentation equipment available in the room you must plan to meet with a library staff member prior to the day of your event in order to walk-through set-up and ensure interoperability with the presenter's own technology. More specific information is available here or by calling (617) 730-2369.
- if you plan to use a piano and wish to have it tuned, you can agree to use the Library's tuner (Tony McKenna 617-484-5600) at your own expense. You may not tune the piano yourself or hire any other person to do so. Keep in mind also that it may not be possible to schedule the tuning just before your concert. Also, note that the piano in Hunneman Hall may not be used on the Friday or Saturday before a Brookline Library Music Association (BLMA) concert. The Hunneman Hall piano is tuned six times a year on the Fridays before BLMA concerts.
- you can designate a contact person over 21 years old who accepts responsibility for adherence to all conditions of the full Meeting Room Policy and for payment of our room rental fees, which are $90 for most individuals and organizations, $45 for certified 501(c)3 nonprofits (fax IRS or Mass DOR letter as proof to 617-730-2160), $20 for one hour of rehearsal time. Payment by check or cash is required on or before the day of the event.
If you are still interested, please read the full Meeting Room Policy, which is much more detailed, before requesting a room. Requesting a room constitutes acceptance of all of the points in the policy. The person listed under Contact Name on the online request form must be over 21 and responsible for compliance with the policy and payment of all fees.
How to Request a Meeting Room Online
- Check Library and Branch Hours to make sure that the building is open at the time you want; our branches are only open two evenings per week.
- Check our Room Use listing to see if the meeting room you want is available on the date and time of your event.
- Fill out our Room Request Form and submit when you are done. It is very important that you provide a billing address on your form. We will reject requests that do not contain that information.
- Provided that you fill in all required information and your request does not create a conflict with an existing booking, you will get an email confirming that a request has been submitted. On the next business day, a staff member will review the request and send you an email confirming or denying the booking and informing you of any problems with the request. Note that by submitting the request you are agreeing that you and your group accept the meeting room policy.
How to Cancel or Change a Meeting Room Booking