Note that you can now view a current list of available passes by going to our Museum Pass booking page. Note that you can get specifics of the pass benefits by clicking on the link "Pass Details" for each pass. Always go the the museum or organization's own web site for hours, prices and up-to-date information, which you can easily do by clicking on the title of the pass.
- Museum passes are available to Brookline residents and Town of Brookline employees with valid library cards. Reservations may be made up to eight weeks in advance online or in person at the Information Desk at the Main Library or at the branches. Since demand is especially high for weekends and school vacations, we encourage you to plan ahead. Museum passes offer free or discounted admission for as many as four people.
- Passes may be picked up only at the Main Library between 10 AM and noon on the day of the reservation or anytime the previous day, if available. Saturday passes may be picked up anytime on Friday; Sunday passes anytime on Saturday or until 2 PM on Sunday. After noon (2 PM on Sunday) passes not picked up are available on a first come/first serve basis. Occasional exceptions to these pick-up times may be made. You may call (617) 730-2370 to ask about this or with any other questions regarding museum passes.
- The Larz Anderson Auto Museum & JFK Library passes are due back at the Main Library at opening hour the day after use—a pass borrowed for Thursday is due back at 10 AM on Friday. Passes returned later are subject to $10 fine and lost passes to a $25 fee. Lost and late passes seriously inconvenience other patrons. Please remember all passes must be picked up from and returned to the Main Library at 361 Washington Street.
- Summer pick up times: During the summer (mid-June through Labor Day) when the library is closed on weekends, all museum passes for Saturday and Sunday must be picked up by 3 PM Friday unless patrons request that they be held until 5 PM. After 3 PM they will be available on a first come/first serve basis. In the summer all Saturday and Sunday passes are due back at the Main Library by 10 am on Monday.
- Because of the popularity of our museum pass program, we want to make the passes available to as many patrons as possible. If you find you cannot use a pass on the date reserved, please call (617) 730-2370 to change or cancel your reservation. We hope you will use and enjoy the library's museum passes!
- (To see the Library's museum pass policy, please click here.)